UAE is the hub of delicious cooking pleasures from all over the world; Food is making a great deal of income in the present time. It is one of the main reasons why people take a trip to places in Sharjah; is to have a flavor of world food and get better their experience of roaming.
Increasing number of entrepreneur is looking for opening a restaurant in sharjah. Nearly 2000 restaurant license in Sharjah; have already been issued to expat to operate in this field during the last one and a half year; and in UAE by 2019 about 19,000 extra Food and beverage outlets are estimated.
Opening a restaurant in sharjah
People are interested to go for new foods; new food lines and entices grows their taste. In spite of everything, it is one of the very important parts of travelling; to abroad be to treat in local and global food.
Each month, local spends per person more than AED 750 on food as well as beverages; which is very high in the Middle East. Local Emirati around 78% like to eat in restaurants. Tycoons are shifting their attention from restaurants in big halls to small restaurants in recent times, in regions; as it is not only less expensive but also according to the behaviors of the local population; who now giving preference restaurant near to their area instead of going in to big halls away from their own area. Even those who are visiting malls, 85% of them also go to restaurant in a mall to eat food.
There are more chances of the progress of opening a restaurant in sharjah; keeping in view the high expenses of local people on food area; emphasis it as compared to hotel business because visitors are more probable to stay in hotels; where they may use restaurants inside the hotel while local people will mostly enjoy their food in separate restaurants.
Opening a restaurant in sharjah
Opening a restaurant in sharjah is also booming in the UAE like many other small and big companies. According to a report by Euro International monitor; there are over 6,000 outlets of food and beverage in UAE; and the number is increasing further by 19,000 extra food seats at the end of 2019. The reason is also due to the high costs on food by the local Emirati residents apart from the growth of tourism business in the country; and the opportunities provided by government of UAE.
Opening a Restaurant in Sharjah
You need to follow the FOOD CODE before Opening a Restaurant in Sharjah,. It is the plan of the Food Control Department of DM to guarantee safe production; as well as distribution of food; and with try to guide food criteria of security in the food industry.
There are parallel Codes give out in the Canada, Ireland, Australia, United States and Hong Kong. It shows how much realistic and committed the gov’t of Sharjah to match with world food criteria.
The food code is valid to following types of Restaurants business setup in Sharjah or any food related business.
- Restaurants, cafeteria license in Sharjah, hotels and cafes.
- Bakeries as well as Butcher shop
- Institutions of food service in schools and hospitals.
- Grocery, Supermarket as well as departmental stores.
- Food factories as well as warehouses
- Catering services, desert camps, supplies to cruise ship, events as well as canteens
- producers of Food packing material as well as supplies
- Kiosks, temporary and permanent food events, as well as mobile vending operations
How to open a restaurant in Sharjah
- There should be suitable lighting as well as suitable ventilation
- The kitchen area must be 40% of the total area of the restaurant; or it wills be 300 sqft.
- There should be a storage area for dry/chilled and frozen food items
- The kitchen minimum area should be 380 sq. ft. If there is a tandoor inside the kitchen.
- The washing facilities with hot and cold water must be present.
- Suitable ventilation along with Lighting is requires for Restaurant license in Sharjah
- Wall, Ceiling as well as Floor must be washable as well as fire proof; light, colored, smooth and safe, no cracks.
- A proper store for dry, chilled as well as frozen items Make available
- A separate sink for washing vegetables; together with a preparation table for preparing vegetables
- Deep basin for washing big pots.
- Washing facilities with hot and cold water and double sink.
- Stainless Steel Hand wash sink in preparation area with hot and cold water.
- For storage of outdoor clothing there should be a Cabinet
- Also single Sink for meat and preparation table.
- Maintain the temperature of cooked and hot food there must be Bain Marie.
- Stainless Steel shelves for dry food items
- Drainage pipe must have distance at least 2 inch from the wall.
- Stainless Steel racks in washing area for drying utensils etc. after washing
- Provision of cooking area with chimney and ventilation hood. Chimney should be above 2M from the nearest building.
- For Restaurant license in Sharjah no lubricate traps in the kitchen.
- The Minimum Area should be 380 sqft if there is tandoor is in the kitchen.
NOC for Restaurant license in Sharjah
Approval is required from food control section, before starting your actual works. Three copies of the planned kitchen design or payout plan; as well as equipment information for approval must be provided from listed engineering office. For opening a restaurant in sharjah here is an example of guidelines. It is very important to get letter of NOC before starting the work from Sharjah Municipality Public health department. Owner of Restaurant may face strong action in case you fail to obey.
Large number of expats and foreign visitors
But the scenario of restaurant business growth doesn’t rely entirely on the local Emirati population. Every year, foreign tourists in millions visit UAE because of world’s best tourism opportunities. No doubt, most of the visitors from abroad live in hotels; but most of them like to stay in economical hotels; that do not offer facilities of dining or only provide basic food items. These visitors from abroad would also like to enjoy their stay in UAE; they are taking delicious, economical and modern food items in restaurants. It means that these restaurants can also be a source of attraction for foreign citizens; if they provide full luxury, delicious and exclusive food items. Owners of Restaurant can attract more and more local and foreign tourists; they are presenting various types of food items consume in various countries and parts in the world.
Lots of expats also reside in UAE, Apart from local and foreign population. These expats are mostly from the countries of Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa. All these public have their own favorite items of food; and the restaurants satisfying the requirement of these expats; which can also increase the opportunity in the growth of their business.
Incentives provide by UAE for Opening a Restaurant in Sharjah
expat are welcome in UAE for opening a restaurant in Sharjah free zone as well as in main land. Free zones giving complete liberty from tax and duty along with the provision of 100% ownership; but your restaurant should be located inside the specific free zones; and you have to bear by the rules of your desired free zone. On the other hand, the investor from abroad can only have 49% share in the restaurant in main land; but such business will also be free of taxes; and provides several liberties of business that are not available in the free zones.
You can achieve your license of food through the Department of Food & Safety while there are other departments like economic development and tourism from where, you can apply for your License of Trade. The UAE govt. also provides additional permits for special food items like Ramadan permit; pork permit, delivery permit, liquor permit etc.
Importance of a Location for Opening a Restaurant in Sharjah
You may destroy your business if you select the wrong location for your business; even in a business friendly place like UAE. Therefore, to know and then selecting right place for starting your restaurant is very important for investors. The best places are the tourist spots for opening a restaurant in Sharjah. There are so many locations in UAE; you can easily construct your restaurant in one of these spots. But if you are waiting for some time then you can also book place in the under construction tourist locations. It is not only economical but you can also select location of your choice in these areas.
You must also well aware the priority of residents where you are setting your restaurant. E.g. your need to supply dishes of vegetarian in case the people in the vicinity of your restaurant are Indians; as many among them are vegetarians. In case of Chinese residents, you should provide Chinese dishes in your menu; while meat dishes are preferred by local population and westerners.