Dubai being an attractive and best destination for business activities of foreign investors and in order to start a business in Dubai; a trade license Dubai is to be obtained; which is the basic and most important document requires for a company. This trade license in Dubai allows you to conduct business activity in the State of Dubai; but without it you cannot operate any kind of business activity whether it is online or offline.
Dubai stands as a major source of attraction for expat from across the world. Also like every country a set of rules for a trade license Dubai as well works on similar lines. Thus, acting as per the right guide lines for trade license Dubai registration along with its pre-requisites; shows the best interest of the expat investors to comply with the UAE laws. In favor of these aspiring entrepreneurs, the write up shall throw light to have an adequate transparency for getting a trade license in Dubai. Before starting business operations in Dubai, there are some rule and regulation which must be full fill.
The DED with a support from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry; is the legislative body that regulates and controls the licensing procedures for an entity in Dubai.
However, trade license in Dubai for some categories of business require approval from certain ministries and other authorities; for example, banks and financial institutions from the Central Bank of the UAE; insurance companies and related agencies from the Ministry of Economy and Commerce; manufacturing from the Ministry of Finance and Industry; and pharmaceutical and medical products from the Ministry of Health. More detailed procedures apply to businesses engaged in oil or gas production and related industries.
Practicing some trade activities (e.g. jeweler and insurance) requires the submission of a financial guarantee issued by a bank operating in UAE. In general, all commercial and industrial businesses in UAE must be register; that is with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the respective Emirate.
Why a trade license in Dubai is ideal for small business owners
- You need share capital for a free zone trade license Dubai. No capital is required for a Dubai mainland license.
- A free zone trade license Dubai is strictly associated with rented free zone office space. Mainland businesses can be run from a cheaper business center.
- Free zone trade license Dubai and visa costs are cheaper; but it restricts you to work within free zones and international regions only with a trade license Dubai economic department; you can have clients from anywhere in UAE as well as internationally.
- The long-term free zone benefits and services are more appropriate for a large international company than a small business owner.
In both types of companies, there are no income taxes; and if you are thinking of starting a professional practice; you own the company 100%, regardless to say as to whether it’s in free zone or mainland Dubai.
What are the requirements for obtaining a Dubai economic department trade license
Before initiation of any business license Dubai; the following requirements to be follow in order to meet the legal formalities of all concern authority; and to guarantee maximum commercial benefit for the business owner.
- Designate the category which the business falls into commercial, industrial as well as professional.
- Determine all the related business activities to be includ within each business license Dubai (Maximum 10 per license).
- Make a decision as to your business’ appropriate legal status in UAE.
- Select an appropriate trading name for the business.
- Submit an application to the Department for initial approval.
- Register a trade name after receiving initial approval (If you don’t have previously reserved a trade name).
- Lease office for business license Dubai to obtain approval from the Authority.
- Prepare all required documents; such as memoranda of association and approvals from other relevant government authorities which may be necessary to each case.
- Submit a further application to the Department to obtain the final license.
- Pay the required fees.
Types of business license Dubai
In the process of getting a trade license Dubai economic department; the first step is to determine your business activity type. Right now, there are almost 2,100 business activities available in Dubai. A Business license Dubai is generally categorize into three types. Depending on nature of your business activity, the license is provided in one of the category by the Department of Economic Development Dubai. The categories are:
- Commercial business license Dubai
- Industrial business license Dubai
- Professional business license Dubai
Commercial business license Dubai
Commercial business license Dubai is issue to a kind of entity that includes trading activities; such as buying or selling goods. Companies are only allow to perform the activities mention in the license. Business entities that require commercial trade license includes:
- Imports and exports
- Electronics trading
- Car rental services
- Brokerage firms
- Logistics firms
- Real estate brokerage
- Building material trading
According to Dubai Statistics Center, the commercial licenses issued in the first quarter of the year 2017 have the highest ratio among all the other business license Dubai. 3,637 new licenses were issue and 27,193 were renew whereas 1,162 licenses were cancell.
Industrial trade License Dubai
Industrial trade License Dubai is issue to a company; that is engage in any type of industrial or manufacturing based business activities. The company must have a physical office within UAE for this license. Companies that requires industrial license includes:
- Manufacturing of food products
- Metal casing
- Furniture manufacturers
The numbers of Trade License Dubai issued by DED in the first quarter this year are 50 whereas the license renewed and cancelled are 770 and 27 respectively, as stated by the Dubai Statistics Center.
Professional trade License in Dubai
Professional trade License in Dubai is issue for business providing services. For this type of license, company will need a local service agent; but will have 100% guaranteed ownership of all the profits and operations. Following are the types of business that requires professional license in Dubai:
- Law firms
- Management consultancy
- Educational institutions
- Information technology services
- Auditing companies
- Accounting companies
- Marketing consultancy
- Medical services
The report of the first quarter of 2017 mention that the professional licenses offers; renew as well as cancel are 1,680, 7,536 and 312 respectively. However the total number of license offered, renewed and cancelled makes a huge amount of 5,524, 36,254 and 1,523 respectively.