Dubai is one of the biggest and most important hubs of international trade for import; as well as export of the products. The govt of UAE desires to form a modern assessment process; so cosmetic product registration in Dubai is compulsory; before lunching any of cosmetic product in Dubai market.
System encounters the spirit of brokers, dealers, buyers, sellers as well as agents; and the best carry out in the field of safety; donate to achieve the main objectives of the Govt of Dubai; and present the latest international systems in the control of import; as well as export of the products outstanding performance; that is, at the regional level and international level.
For this determination it was necessary to provide essential information; needed by the buyers to be aware of all the requirements of the import and export of products.
For Product registration in UAE; the application can be prepared in English or in Arabic. Marketing permission for cosmetic products in UAE can only be given to Manufacturer; who is registered in the Dubai Municipality.
Cosmetic product registration regulation in Dubai
The Govt of Dubai regulates the manufacture; sale as well as import of the cosmetic product; require that all cosmetic product need to be registered prior to placing in Dubai market; as well by requiring the individuals running the activities related to cosmetics to be licensed in Dubai.
The purpose of Cosmetic product registration
The purpose of registration is to ensure the compliance of personal care products; cosmetics and also perfumes; that is to the specifications of the permitted standards. And thus it allows trader, maker as well as importer of cosmetics; personal care products, and perfumes to avoid the rejection of their shipments that arrive to Dubai’s ports. It will also avoid the withdrawal of their products from the domestic market.
What is Cosmetic, personal care or perfume product?
Any substance which is to be place in contact with the a number of external parts of the human body; like epidermis, nails, hair system, lips and as well as external genital organs; or with the teeth and the mucous membranes of the oral cavity; with an intention of exclusively or also mainly to clean, perfume; correct body odors, change appearance protect and / or keep these parts in good condition. Only a trading company license in the UAE; and also has an activity that is related to import or manufacture of personal care; cosmetics or also perfumes can register these products on its trade name.
Advantages of cosmetic product registration in Dubai
- Label protection
- Import and re-export rights
- Brand Protection
- Hassle free trade in UAE and outside UAE.
After registration it is add value of your product and keeps your Business successful.
Functions for cosmetic product registration in UAE
- It is the main source for cleaning.
- Also to protect human skin.
- It is the main source of perfume
- Also it is the main source to correct body odors
- keep in good condition
- To change the appearance
Procedures of Cosmetic product registration in Dubai
There are a number of steps to register a product; But the most common steps for cosmetic product registration in Dubai are:
- Applicant for product registration must be a company form in Dubai and having a cosmetics activity.
- The company must be register with Dubai Municipality.
- Form must be fill for each and every product.
- The company must submit a copy of a valid label assessment of the product.
- After completion of all the requirements a registration report of the consumer product is made.
- We will update you on the status of the application; and once the report is ready we will provide the original.
Required Documents for product registration
Certificate of Free Sales (CFS):
This type of certificate must be from the country of origin; it should be from any recognize body in the country. The CFS should be current at the time of submission. A CFS is a document which show that the product are allow to sell in the home country freely.
Manufacture will provide this type of a document from the company of the product. This document provides all the necessary data regarding ingredients, chemical; and as well as physical properties of the products.
Laboratory Test Report/ ingredient report:
A test report that point out the content of certain heavy metals including; Mercury, Zinc, Arsenic, Lead, Chromium, Cadmium, preservatives; and as well as a micro biology test from recognize laboratory. The test should be either in the Country of Origin or from Dubai Central Laboratory.
List of cosmetic product registration in Dubai
The following list of cosmetic product registration in Dubai is not comprehensive but is provided by way of example:
- Creams, emulsions, lotions, gels and oils for the skin (hands, face, feet, etc.)
- Tinted bases (liquids, pastes, powders)
- Face masks (with the exception of peeling products)
- Make-up powders, after-bath powders, hygienic powders, etc.
- Perfumes, toilet waters and Eau de Cologne
- Toilet soaps, deodorant soaps, etc.
- Bath and shower preparations (salts, foams, oils, gels, etc.)
- Deodorants and anti perspirants
- Hair care products:
- Product for waving, straightening and as well as fixing
- Hair tints and as well as bleaches
- Setting products
- Cleansing products (lotions, powders as well as shampoos)
- Condition products (lotions, creams as well as oils)
- Hair dressing products (lotions, lacquers as well as brilliantine)
- Products for making up and removing make up from the face and as well as eyes
- lips product
- Products for nail care and as well as make up
- Shaving products (creams, foams as well as lotions)
- Products for care of the teeth and as well as mouth
- Products for external intimate hygiene
- Anti wrinkle products as well as products for tanning without sun.
- Sun bath products
- Skin whitening products