To know the history of import export license in Dubai; we need to go back to the most primitive records. The UAE has been logically place as a hub for world wide trade; that is among Asia and Europe on east-west partnership; and also the CIS and Africa on north south axis.
For import export license in Dubai UAE also has a rich maritime history. As old as the 6thcentury, approximately the time of the origin of Islam, Arab merchants would go in a traditional boat; and cover a massive distances to trade spices along the Route of Silk. the major trading route was at that time which starts from China through to the Mediterranean Sea. Going back evens more for import export business in Dubai; as early as 3000 BC, the UAE was very rich in natural resources; and in copper trade with countries such as Persia as well as Mesopotamia.
Import Export License in Dubai
The discovery of region and export of oil came to start in 1962. Another most important trading milestone came in the early 1960s; when at that time Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, was the ruler of Dubai; he had the vision of dredging Dubai stream to allow large shipping vessels to enter. 1972 Port Rashid was open and Jebel Ali Port in 1985, the first free trade zone of UAE.
Today import export license in Dubai is a very important license; as it allow import and re-export between east and west. The GCC vast seacoast, extending from the Gulf of Oman to the east and the Arabian Gulf to the west; led to the development of a number of strategic ports over the years. The channel of Hormuz at a standstill provides a road for above 40 percent of the world’s crude oil. With continue growths and main logistics hubs such as Kizad, Dubai World Central, part of Abu Dhabi; the UAE continuous to grow its exports and imports business capacity.
Definition of Import and export license in Dubai
Import license in Dubai is the procedure of bringing commodities into the UAE from abroad; from one of the free trade zones of Emirates; or vice versa into a free trade zone from a UAE main land; while full filling the country legal necessities in terms of licensing and documents as well as permissions. This most key point about this license is that it will permit you to be an importer; it includes having a legal trade license issue from a UAE license authority and which is register with the Customs department.
Export license in Dubai is the course of action of sending goods as well as services produced locally to other countries, or among UAE free trade zones and main land companies as mention in the above lines. The same aspects of licensing also apply as described above.
Import export license in Dubai
If you want to trade or want to export products; then you need Import export license in Dubai; also you need to register with Customs of Dubai. Like many other departments of government; now Dubai Customs provides a full range of e-Services to expertly manage the import as well as export of goods. Dubai Custom online declaration and clearing system is called Mirsal 2. Its customer directs information contains about the process on how getting start and registration with Mirsal 2.
Registration with Dubai Customs is comparatively clear-cut and can be done online; even though you will require presenting a number of documents; that is to the office of customs. All items which are imports to as well as exports from Dubai must pass all the way through the office of customs. Dubai Customs are keeping in hand a working list of those items which are prohibited; that is in term of import and export. Dubai Customs in alliance with DP World as well as JAFZA to make the online gateway for Dubai Trade; that provide a one stop shop for the Import export license in Dubai and trading events in Dubai.
Free trade contracts between the UAE and other countries bounds the amount of tariffs put on item traded between those countries. The UAE has agreements with a number of countries.
Import and export Business between a free zone and a local company under import export license in Dubai
All free trade zones in Dubai are the part of the UAE territory; but it the same time are they are also the outside of UAE customs territory. Therefore they are focus to customs control other than standard customs procedures. The common desires for import export business into a free zone area are as under
- The importer need to have a legal importer code from customs authority
- Commodities must be the same which are mention under the activity of the Import export license UAE
- Goods have to reach your destination in the free zone within 72 hours from the day of customs declaration
- The free zone license are not suppose to open, adjust or dispense of the goods; earlier to their arrival in the free zone and customs approval
- Goods have to be checked before entering in the area of free trade zone
Importing into a free zone from a foreign country under import export license in Dubai
Free zone licenses are free from the payments of customs duties. Commodities may be stored for an unlimited period of time; depending on its type as well as the validity of the free zone import export business license.
Documents require are import export license in Dubai
- Delivery order – from the airline or shipping agent addressed to the import export license in Dubai by the management of licensing in the free zone area
- Delivery note – by the free zone company confirming the approval of commodities; if the shipment is moved by ground or from other free zone areas
- Second copy of the bill of lading (for sea shipment) road manifest (for land shipment); and original airway bill (for air shipment).
- Import authorize from the proficient agencies in the free zone for restricted supplies
- Invoice of sales from the free zone licensee total quantity detailing, description of goods, currency as well as sum value of all individual item
- Original as well as complete item-wise invoice with HS codes categorization from the transporter addressed to the free zone license
- Certificate of source (stating the origin of goods) accepted by the country of origin’s chamber of commerce.
- Packing detailed list as per weight, process of packing as well as the HS code for all individual item contained in the shipment
- form of Import goods declaration
import export business in Dubai
Present the above mention documents to any center of customs; which comes under the control of Dubai customs at jebel ali port, Aweer terminal, port Rashid and airport free zone or cargo village. On submitting documents, a bill of entry will be issue to clear the commodities into the free zone area.
Anyhow if you are fail to submit the actual bill of lading or airway bill, certificate or invoice of origin; that is at the time of issuing the free zone transit in; a deposit of Dh 500 needs to be paid. In the absence of invoices an evidence of the cost of goods must be offer. The claim bill for reimbursement should be prepare within 59 days from the bill date.
Once the cargo gets clear through customs staff, the owner collects the commodities on compensation of storage and handling as well as any other charges of port. Inspection of all the items are requires upon the entry; but apart from those which comes from the local market; in view of the fact that they already clear from customs here in the local area. The seals should be intact of incoming consignments and are to be open only in the presence of a customs inspector. Any violation of this rule may draw action of penal.