The DWC free zone also includes Al Maktum International Airport, which once completed will have the capability to handle 12 million tons of annual cargo capacity and 160 million passengers. This makes DWC free zone an extraordinary multimodal project that supports a number of activities in aviation, logistics, commercial, residential, exhibition, humanitarian and leisure-related businesses.
DWC free zone company formation is the demand of most of entrepreneur. DWC free zone is a strategic enterprise of the Government of Dubai that is set to be biggest and a leading global trade, aviation and business hub. DWC free zone is an extension of Dubai’s legacy as a connection point between the East and the West. It is recognized as one of the most ambitious and unique projects of its kind in the world and it cover the 140-square kilometer area next to Jebel Ali Sea Port.
Type of License for DWC free zone company formation
This type of a license will allow the import/export and distribution of precisely mentioned goods can be undertaken with this license.
This license will allow specified logistics services (e.g. storage, distribution, transportation, forwarding, sorting and clearing activities, order management, inventory management etc.)
This permits the carrying out of services stated in the license in question but only within the Dubai World Central Free Zone and it is only allowed elsewhere in the UAE through the earning of additional local licenses and permits in certain jurisdictions. Such licenses are issued to Free Zone Enterprises (FZE) supporting the logistics industry and will include services such as training, consulting or any other related activity.
This will allow for the import/exporting, distributing and storage of items specified in their specific license.
This type or a license allow the operation of light manufacturing activity (e.g. blending, purifying, mixing, repacking, assembling forming or wrapping of products) by utilizing hand labor or soft machinery in a manner which does not create smoke, gas fumes, heat, light or any other objectionable by products. Please note that Industrial Licenses will not be issued without proof that an Environmental Impact surveys and studies have been done systematically.
Characteristics of DWC free zone company formation
|Company type||Free Zone Company|
|Governing corporate legislation||Dubai Aviation City Corporation|
|Taxation||Zero per-cent corporate or personal taxation|
|Information published relating to company officers||company directors names are not disclosed|
|Number of directors needed||Minimum one director|
|Accounting requirement||Accounts and auditing are required|
|Standard currency||UAE dirhams pegged to USD|
|Residence visa issuance||Residence visa issued|
|Legislation||Dubai World Central Free Zone|
|Time to form||10 to 12 working days|
|Local sponsor requirement||Not required|
|Communication||Efficient means of communication|
Furthermore, DWC free zone company formation is more likely choice for investor because; Dubai World Central will be hosting the World Expo 2020. Under the theme of “connecting minds, creating the future” Dubai is the first city in the region to host such a highly famous international exhibition. The location of the exhibition will be the exhibition area of Dubai World Central.
FAQ about DWC free zone company formation
Q: do i need a uae partner to establish a DWC free zone company?
No. all enterprises in DWC free zone can be formed with 100% foreign ownership.
Q: can the same person be a director, shareholder, company secretary and general manager?
Yes. However, the general manager must be a UAE resident.
Q: how many directors can be appointed to a DWC free zone company?
The number of directors can be appointed from 1 to 7 for DWC Free Zone Company. A DWC free zone company must have at least 1 director at any given time.
Q: What is the maximum number of shareholders in a DWC free zone company?
DWC Free Zone Company is currently limited to a maximum of 6 shareholders.
Q: can the general manager reside outside of the uae?
No. the general manager must reside within the uae as he/she will be the day-to-day point of contact for all matters concerning the DWC free zone company, and may need to be reached quickly in an emergency.
Q: do the shareholders, directors or company secretary have to reside in the uae?
No. shareholders, directors and the company secretary can be located anywhere in the world.
Q: can i be a partner in more than one DWC free zone company?
Yes. An individual can be a partner/shareholder in multiple DWC free zone companies.
Q: what document is required to establish a DWC free zone company?
To establish a DWC free zone company, the following documents must be submitted to the DWD free zone authority:
- A completed form – registration & licensing application (Dubai world central)
- Clear and valid passport copies (preferably in color) of any individual listed as a shareholder, director, general manager and company secretary in the application form.
- A certified copy (true copy) of the certificate of incorporation, valid certificate of good standing or valid trade license if it is a corporate shareholder.
- If the person handling the application and signing the declaration at the end of the registration & licensing application form is not named as a shareholder, director, general manager or company secretary in the application, then a notarized power of attorney or signed board resolution (if the shareholder is a corporate entity) will be required from each shareholder, confirming that the person handling the application is properly authorized to act on behalf of the shareholders.
- 2 copies of the memorandum of association and the articles of association of the DWC free zone company, bearing the name of the company to be incorporated and signed by all shareholders, noting their names, addresses and respective shareholding.
- Last but not the least, the applicable fee.
Q: what is the required minimum share capital to form a DWC free zone company?
The minimum capital of a DWC free zone company will be AED 300,000 (each share is AED 1). If the capital is more than AED 1,000,000 then a proof of capital is required.
Q: how is the share capital accounted for?
The consideration for which a share in a free zone establishment is issued may take the form of cash or non-cash consideration. DWC free zone authorities don’t ask for bank letters to prove the minimum capital is paid up.
Q: can i register a branch of another branch or representative office?
No. the branch must be related to the existing entity. So branch of another branch is not allowed in DWC free zone.
Q: What documents are required to register a branch company?
To register a branch, the following documents must be submitted to DWC free zone authority:
- A completed form – registration & licensing application (branch);
- Either a copy of a signed board resolution or a notarized power of attorney from the parent company, confirming to establish the branch and nominating a representative to handle the filing.
- Certified copies of the memorandum and articles of association or similar constitutional documents of the parent company.
- A certified copy of the certificate of incorporation, certificate of good standing or valid trade license of the parent company.
- The applicable fee.
Q: Can i register a branch and then convert the branch to a DWC free zone company later?
Yes. A branch can be converted to DWC Free Zone Company.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the business activities of a branch?
Yes. A branch can only perform the activity which parent company authorized to undertake.
Q: what types of license are available in dwc free zone?
The categories of license available within the dwc free zone company are:
- commercial license – allows the holder to carry out specified commercial services including general trading and logistics services;
- Industrial license – allows the holder to carry out specified light manufacturing activities.
- Service license – allows the holder to carry out services specified in the license within the dwc free zone and elsewhere in the uae;
- education license – allows the holder to carry out educational and social services, educational and training, and educational consultancy services
Q: can i lease multiple premises within the same DWC free zone license?
Yes. All DWC free zone enterprises may lease multiple premises under the same license.
Q: Does DWC free zone offer flexi-desk or virtual office solutions?
Yes. DWC free zone has a wide range of business center products and services which includes smart desks and smart offices.
Q: Can i lease a facility in the dwc free zone with my current uae license and Registration?
No. all applicants wishing to operate from the dwc free zone are required to register as a free zone enterprise.
Q: Can i purchase and own an office within the DWC free zone?
No. in the DWC free zone, you can only lease offices.
Q: can i be granted a license without leasing any facility in DWC freezone?
No. to qualify for and to hold a license, the applicant must be in possession of a valid lease for office space, warehouse space, or development land within the DWC freezone or have a service contract with the DWC freezone business center.
Q: can i carry out business activities outside of the DWC free zone with my DWC free zone license?
Yes, in limited cases. For example, a company with a service license could provide consultancy services to clients outside of the dwc free zone and a company providing logistics services under a commercial license could pick up and deliver (but not sell) products within the uae. However, trading activities under a commercial license only permit the holder to sell completed products in the uae market through a local registered distributor or a commercial agent in the uae. Different restrictions apply on different license categories. Please refer to the dwc free zone and administration rules and regulations for further details.
Q: Can i lease or purchase real property outside of the dwc freezone with my dwc license?
No. leasing and investment activities are only permitted within dwc freezone.