Dubai has turn out to be a global hub for trade and finance in the Middle East. And particularly with respects to the trading of food stuff; a large number of items are exchange through Dubai airport and sea ports every year. Such great volume of trade cannot be controlled without a proper food products registration in Dubai. So food control department Dubai municipality enforces procedure to control food stuff; and insure the high quality of every food product which import to UAE. This authority aims to guarantee the safety and quality of imported & re-exported food, while make certain modest and prompt process to control food trade.
The Food Control Department Dubai Municipality is publishing book let; as well as release news to help food traders to understand the rules and regulations; and process of importing as well as re-exporting of foods in the Emirate of Dubai. So that to ensure timely transactions and avoid any costly delays or harms. So on the base of that material we are discussing a few important points about food product registration in UAE.
Food Import Re-Export System (FIRS) for food product registration in UAE
Dubai Municipality introduces a system for import and re-export of food (FIRS). The purpose of this system is to keep up its speed to provide a control on food item; and insure the safety of human health. Food Import Re-Export System (FIRS) is well thought out the most vital; as well as the biggest electronic service provider for food; and it is one the best programs of its nature in all over the place in the world. Some of the qualities of this system for food product registration in UAE are below:
- FIRS system provides services for food product registration in UAE. The services of FIRS include: importing foods, issuing all kinds of health certificates; also importing foods for re-export, food label approval; also food destruction application; as well as issuing of their certificates. This is in addition to showing all circulars and information to food traders; all food formations, and other internal as well as external clients.
- For food product registration in UAE there is an option to submit applications from anywhere in the world.
- The system will registers all food products; and will link food product information to its barcode.
- The system is fully electronic. It start from approval as well as food registration in Dubai; food inspection, food importation, performing follow ups, till closing the operation.
- It consist of an innovative food sampling system which is based on examining the hazard of each food product, while ensuring full integration with the electronic system of DM Food & Environment Laboratory. This promise a prompt and correct laboratory results for the submitted food samples.
Rules for food Products registration in Dubai
These rules and regulations are apply on all food items which are import to UAE; either through Airport or through at sea ports. All food products must be first register with DM before imported to UAE. Following is the procedure for food registration in Dubai.
Company registration with DM for food registration in Dubai
Before importing any food product to Dubai, the company and product must be register with DM. For company registration in Dubai DM you need to submit an application for company registration and Admin user creation. You need to submit the application online and then need to submit document physically in the department of DM.
To activate the Food registration in Dubai service by registering with the FIRS system; which belongs to Food Trade control Section. To register you need the following:
- Submitting a copy of the trade license.
- The company phone and fax numbers.
- The company email Address.
- Post Office Box number of the company.
- Name and mobile number of the company Admin.
- Location details of the warehouse of the company in Dubai (Zone, street, etc)
- Telephone and fax numbers of the warehouse.
Label Approval for Food product registration in Dubai
To approve the label for any food product which has not been approve before? The food label approval requires that each food label shall contain the following:
- Brand name is requires for food product registration in Dubai.
- Product name (a summarized description of the food product).
- Weight or volume of the product.
- Ingredients which contain in the product; it must be arrange in descending order according to the weight or volume.
- Production & expiration dates of all products (Except those which are exempted from displaying the validity or expiration dates).
- Name of the food manufacturer, distributor, packer or importer.
- Lot number as well as product bar code.
- Country of Origin (if its omission leads to deceiving or misleading the consumer).
- Language of the label shall be in Arabic.
- Instructions for using the product (if needed)
- Storage conditions (if the validity of the product depends on such conditions).
- Mention the ingredients which may cause hypersensitivity
- Showing the nutritional information are optional (except the products with special uses such as baby foods, foods for patients, etc).
Submitting Application for food product registration in Dubai
The food product registration in Dubai start by Submitting samples of each food product; or its label to the Food Studies and Planning section. (a copy of the label may be attached with the electronic application). Each label shall be studied carefully by the food control department. The company shall follow up the application until receive the approval.